Our next website update marks the official start of our annual end-of-year fundraising campaign. As you know, STERA, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and relies, in part, on the generosity of our viewers to help maintain the website and our other projects. You can safely make a tax deductible contribution online using your credit/debit card or PayPal via our Secure Contribution Form at https://www.shroud.com/steraform.htm. In appreciation, those who contribute $100.00 or more will receive a special gift for their kindness. Thank you for your support!
STERA is an approved 501(c)(3), “Religious, Educational, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Testing for Public Safety, to Foster National or International Amateur Sports Competition, or Prevention of Cruelty to Children or Animals Organization.” Therefore, if you file taxes in the United States, your contribution may be tax deductible. I hope you will give generously to the organization, which maintains the shroud.com website and supports other independent activities related to the Shroud of Turin.
STERA is not large enough to be rated by any of the major charity rating services. However, the following data is available from the IRS via Charity Navigator. You may want to review STERA’s latest Form 990 or 990EZ (according to Charity Navigator the latest form on file is for December, 2012). Please be aware that with small organizations, asset, revenue and expenses amounts can be very volatile year-to-year and are therefore often not good indicators*.
- EIN: 26-3322158
- Name in IRS Master File: SHROUD OF TURIN EDUCATION & RESEARCH ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED
- Street Address: 1094 HIGHLAND MEADOWS DR
- City, State, Zip: FLORISSANT, CO 80816-8818
- NTEE Code: X99
- NTEE Classification: Religion Related, Spiritual Development N.E.C.
- NTEE Type: Religion-Related, Spiritual Development
- Classification: Educational Organization
- Subsection: 501(c)(3)
- Foundation Status: This information is temporarily unavailable from the IRS
- Deductibility: Contributions are deductible
- Affiliation: Independent
- Group Name: [Not Applicable]
- Ruling Date: July, 2009
- Asset Amount: $13,457 for 2012*
- Income Amount: $71,754 for 2012*
- Form 990 Revenue Amount: $71,754 for 2012*
- Latest Form 990 Return: December, 2012
- Filing Requirement: 990 (all other) or 990EZ return
- Fiscal Year End: December
- IRS Forms 990 On File: December, 2012; December, 2011; December, 2010
* According to forms 990EZ, Part I, Line1, “Contributions, gifts, grants, and similar amounts received” in 2010 were $82,924; in 2011 were $ 36,061 and in 2012 were $71,754. Amounts for 2013 are not available at this time from Charity Navigator or other known online sources.