Home > News & Views > Paris

Paris

November 14, 2015
Categories: News & Views
  1. November 14, 2015 at 5:52 am

Paris, never been there. I said a prayer for those killed and injured and feel bad that the citizens that live have to be afraid because of the sick minded people that feel they have to go around killing non-believers. These people doing the killing seems to be following the directions of Satan or Lucifer whatever its name is. The beast thinks it is better than God and is still capable of directing his nasty followers. Problem is that his followers probably are not aware of it’s true identity.

2. Jos Verhulst
    November 14, 2015 at 8:06 am

The attacks of (9+2)/(11+2)/2001+(2×7) started at 0:00 sidereal time;Mars upon nodal axis; Paris upon Boswash axis.

3. piero
    November 14, 2015 at 9:00 am

I have read what happened in Paris.
    In the past I’ve been in the city
    of Paris few times …

…and now “it’s up to Rome,
    London and Washington”, this the
    horrible proclamation accompanying
    the celebrations of the supporters
    of the Isis, on Twitter, the attacks
    in Paris, with the hashtag ‘Paris in flames’.
    The perspective (= after Paris,
    it’s up to “Rome, London and Washington”
    this is what threatens the Islamic State
    on social media) that was presented
    to our future is terrifying and
    therefore the States should defend
    themselves adequately.
    …No shortage of threats to Spain and
    Portugal, the territory of the ancient
    Caliphate in Europe…

4. Thibault HEIMBURGER
    November 14, 2015 at 11:57 am

Thanks, Dan.

• Antero de Frias Moreira
      November 15, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Our sympathy to French people and prays for those who were murdered in this abominable killing

Centro Português de Sindonologia

5. Sampath Fernando
    November 14, 2015 at 4:14 pm

About 6 months ago I was at Eifel Tower.

Why religions are teaching to kill others?

• chuck hampton
      November 16, 2015 at 9:29 am

Answer: allah = satan

6. Louis
    November 14, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Sampath, obsession with monotheism can be dangerous.

7. anoxie
    November 15, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Fluctuat nec mergitur.

8. November 15, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Very sad. We prayed for all there at our masses this weekend. ISIS has nothing to do with religion. It’s about political power.

9. rick
    November 16, 2015 at 12:57 pm

tragic…prayers to the French people…remember when the French government refused to help us when we attacked libya……I have always been treated very well by the French people
    when I travel that country….but I remember that the government did not help us

• Mario Latendresse
      November 16, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Rick, sorry, but I really think that it is not the place to promote political views. It is sad to see the type of articles you are referencing.

• rick
        November 16, 2015 at 3:25 pm

don’t agree..this is all about politics….whether we can stand together or not….if we are going to be self-serving or not…I do have a long memory because I knew one of parties involved in Libya…also father knows of americans buried in normandie, france. when we defeated the ultimate terrorist….hitler

• rick
          November 16, 2015 at 3:34 pm

by the way…I sent the second link without really looking at it…looks like there are some crazies in that forum…sorry…but stand by my comments on the French government….

10. Joe
    November 16, 2015 at 1:34 pm

It’s probably to early to talk about that, but I will anyway. Simply, I would like to help people push their reflection a bit further…

Even if it’s natural and very okay to pray for the victims, is there one single Christian who will remember those words of Christ and put them in practice?: “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Matthew 5:44-45)

And what if it would not be by praying for these sick people (so that they could see the light and get out of their darkness) that something could finally change in this sick world?

These words of Christ tell us who God really is and, obviously, he’s very different than us, because he loves and saves everyone of his children, even those who seems, for us, to be definately lost.

When you read “scandalous” words like the ones I gave you, it’s not surprising that Jesus got killed by his Jewish brothers… God is very different than us. God is love and we all are sinners…

11. Louis
    November 16, 2015 at 1:36 pm

A prayer that goes beyond Paris. Justified to some extent, because it is the world we live in:

12. Thibault HEIMBURGER
    November 16, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I am French.
    I am living and working very near the “Stade de France” in Saint-Denis.
    I would like to thank everybody here, and …the world.

I just would like to comment this comment: ” You mean, why do people believe in Koran and Mohammed which teach the killing of Jews and Christians.
    Answer: allah = satan”

1) Allah is just the name of God in Arabic language.
    Two years ago, I was in Lebanon (for a lecture about the Shroud) and I attended a mass in Arabic language.
    The term Allah was widely used to translate the term God.

2) The Kuran does not teach to kill Jews and Christians.

3) Many of my patients are Muslims. There is absolutely no problem with them.

It is a war.
    It is NOT a war against Islam but a war against ISIS.

• Paul
      November 16, 2015 at 4:32 pm

If you pay the tax you don’t die if you are a Christian or Jew according to the Koran

13. Louis
    November 16, 2015 at 4:44 pm
  14. November 16, 2015 at 5:16 pm
  15. Louis
    November 16, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Hello OK:
    It is easy to get your point, but there is much more in the box and that is different from what the sources you cite are saying.

16. Louis
    • November 16, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Mutual relationships between Eastern Orthodox Church and the power (whether in Byzantine Empire or its successor -Russia) have always been very close -and both the Church and Autocrats used each to back own interests. Church was instrument for Power, and Power was used to bolster position of the Church.

You must remember this when assessing political position of Orthodox Church.

17. Louis
    November 16, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Agree, the same applies to Catholic and Protestant churches.

• November 16, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Not to the same extent. They were used sometimes as instrument of power, but where not so closely associated with it as Orthodox Church.

18. Louis