From a special update to shroud.com, we learn that the newest issue of the BSTS Newsletter (No. 79 – June 2014) is available. Here is the Table of Contents:
- Editorial – by Hugh Farey
- Future Events
- Touring Exhibition (UK)
- Why a Shroud? – Research article (1) by Peter Leitch
- Image Creation Utilising the Medium of Light – Research article (2) by Philippa Foster
- The Lier Shroud and Lucas Cranach the Elder – Research article (3) by Pam Moon
- How to Make a Shroud Image with a Soldering Iron – Research article (4) by Hugh Duncan
- Problems with Pollen – Research article (5) by Hugh Farey
- Recent Publications
- Around the Internet
Fascinating article on the pollen, Hugh. It opens up lots of questions and so helps Shroud studies move on.
Phillipa Foster’s article is a bit weak, imo. She notes that Kodak technicians felt the Guadalupe image had photographic properties but doesn’t provide further details. Just because an image that predates photography has photographic characteristics doesn’t mean it is miraculous. There may be many types of image formation that mimic photography and vice versa. One could take a photograph and claim “it has scorch-like characteristics”.
Comments are closed.