It keeps coming up; someone mentions it or it percolates near the top of search engine results every now and them. It’s a video by Brother Michael Dimond called, Proof that the Shroud of Turin is the Burial Cloth of Jesus Christ!
It came up again today.
You have to watch it and judge for yourself. Perhaps it is unfair of me to point out something about Br. Dimond; I’m poisoning the well or something like that. But if I don’t mention it someone else will.
Br. Dimond is a self-proclaimed "Benedictine monk" of a two-person Sedevacantism monastic sect (the other member is his sibling-brother Peter) that claims that the papacy has been vacant since the death of Pope Pius XII in 1958. From their two-person "Most Holy Family Monastery" they claim that Pope John Paul I was murdered by Masons and Communists who infiltrated the Vatican. And they claim many other things from their website at www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com and www.vaticancatholic.com.
This video, good or not, will be thought of by many people as ridiculous or not-ridiculous (your point of view applies) as some of their other claims, which include:
- Vatican II was a false council
- The Heretic Benedict XVI (He is sympathetic to Anglicans)
- John Paul II (manifest heretic who claimed to be pope 1978-2005)
- John Paul I (manifest heretic who claimed to be pope for 33 days in 1978)
- Paul VI (manifest heretic who claimed to be pope 1963-1978)
- John XXIII (manifest heretic who claimed to be pope 1958-1963)
- Sedevacantism – the Chair of Peter is Empty