Russ Breault tells us on the Shroud Encounter Facebook page:
Art, Icon or Relic?—The Role of Art in Exploring and Revealing an Ancient Mystery
Is the famous Shroud of Turin the work of a medieval artist? Is it a religious icon or is it a relic of a historical event? No one knows for sure. Explore the mystery from the rich realm of art.
This comprehensive presentation will look at:
• Art as historical depiction
• Art copies of the original
• Influence of the Shroud on Byzantine art
• Comparison of art during the middle ages
• Mechanics of art such as style, technique, substances and process.
Program will make use of over 200 images. 90 minutes